Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tilapia with Rosemary

I must start by saying, don’t try this at home.  This is one recipe that I changed that didn’t work for me.  I started to make Tilapia with a dill coating from my How To Cook Everything cookbook, but as I after I mixing the butter and fresh garlic I found that I had no dill: fresh or dried.

No dill, I will just use another spice.  How about dried rosemary, sure that sounds good.  So I added some dried rosemary to the butter/garlic mixture and dropped it in small piles all over the piece of tilapia and put it in the oven to broil for four minutes.

The tilapia came out perfectly cooked, but where I had placed the butter/garlic/rosemary mixture on the fish, I now had hard little piles of cooked rosemary.

Not a problem, I will just scrape some of the bits of rosemary off to the side of the plate before I eat the fish.  That worked, but as I ate the fish, I found that I was also eating small sharp spears of rosemary that lodged between my teeth and stuck into my gums.

The flavor of the fish was good, the rosemary didn’t really add much to the butter and garlic that were the predominate flavors.  Maybe if I had crushed the dried rosemary, it may have worked better.

I may have to make the cookbook version of the recipe with the dill and see how that turns out. 

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment