Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garlic Chicken

Sometimes it is nice to have something in the freezer that you can quickly prepare to eat.  We were working on a project and the time was getting late, so my wife said, “Why don’t we have garlic chicken”.


I took a quick trip to the freezer and got out the remaining 1 /2 a bag of Birdseye Garlic Chicken we purchase at Costco.  I placed our large frying pan on a large burner on medium to heat while I opened the package.  Once the pan was hot, I added 1 /3-cup of water and then the remaining contents of the bag.

I covered the frying pan with a glass lid, and (occasionally stirring), left it for twelve minutes to cook.  It took me fifteen minutes from freezer to dishing onto our plates.

We enjoyed the mixture of noodles, chicken breast pieces, corn, carrots, and broccoli that come in the package.  It comes with a peppery garlic sauce that is not overpowering but adds the flavor for the dish.

Sometimes when you don’t have the time or energy to cook a full meal, it’s very nice to have something in the freezer you can quickly heat and serve so you can go on to other projects.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment