Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

First Strawberries

Today was the first day that we saw local strawberries at our Saturday Farmers Market.  I was surprised that there was only one stand selling strawberries because by now we usually have three of four farms selling their berries.




We purchased 1 /2 a flat so that we could have some fresh berries.  We talked with the lady from the farm who said that because there has been so much rain and very little sun, a lot of the berries are rotting on the vine, “Pick one, throw away three”.  We are hoping to get a little break in the weather and get some sun very soon so the berries will ripen.

After we arrived home, I found a nice surprise when I went downstairs, my wife had washed, sliced all the berries, added some sugar, and they were ready to eat.  We immediately dished some ice-cream and berries and enjoyed an early afternoon treat.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment