Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

One Hundred Article Posts

Wow, yesterday was my 100th post to my blog: that’s quite a bit of writing.  My original goal was to have a new article posting every day and I achieved my goal for the first 100 days.  I can see that in the future I may have to post every other day as I can only try a new recipe about every third day.

The process of writing this blog has been interesting.  Microsoft Word has helped me quite a bit with suggestions to my writing style and correction of my spelling.  I can see a definite writing style emerging through my article posts that is more conversational in structure.

I do enjoy reviewing some of the statistics on the visitors.  I cannot tell who visits, just get a count of the city where the connection came through.  Not every visitor shows in my statistics as the viewer must have the program Java enabled in their web browser.  So far, I have had 670 visits to my blog with 21 being the highest number of visitors on any one day.  In addition, there are people who receive it through a feed to their web browser.

I can get a map overview of the world, and I was surprised to see that little country of Slovenia has the third largest visitor count behind the US and Canada.  What I find really surprising is that the Slovenian viewers were looking at my article on Bled Cream Cake which originates from their country.  Maybe they have some tips that would help me get it tasting exactly the same as the ones we ate in Slovenia.




I still have some work to do in getting visitors in the US.  I am missing readership from 11 states: Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, New Mexico, Louisiana, South Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.  If you know anyone in these states, please send them my blog address so I can complete the US.  I was very surprised to see that the visitors in Alaska are currently tied with Washington State for the second largest number of visitors is the US.


I enjoy the cooking as well as the writing and still think it is a fun experience and look forward to continuing my adventure as well as sharing it with others.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment