Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tilapia with Green Beans

I decided to try a different recipe for Tilapia, so I looked on the FoodNetwork.com site and found the Tilapia with Green Beans recipe and I thought I would give it a try.  I already had everything at the house, so it would be a quick meal.


I thawed four Tilapia filets and prepared the flour, oregano and parsley mixture.  I used dried oregano and parsley for the seasoning.  I only used about two-teaspoons of the oregano as dried spices are stronger than fresh, I used a tablespoon of the dried parsley.

I heated our large stainless steel pan and added two tablespoons of butter.  Once the butter melted, I dredged two of the tilapia filets in the flour mixture then placed them in the pan to cook.  After four minutes, I turned the filets over and let them cook for another four minutes.  Meanwhile, I dredged the other two filets and got out the ingredients for the green beans.

Once the fish reached their cooking time, I removed them from the pan and checked one of the filets and it was fully cooked.  I put the cooked fish on a plate and put them in the oven to keep warm while I repeated the cooking process with the other two filets.

When all the fish were cooked and in the oven, I added the additional tablespoon of butter to the pan and then about 1/2 pound of green beans to cook for two minutes.  I added some salt and pepper then two sliced tomatoes and cooked for about a minute.  I added about 1/4-cup of lemon concentrate and 1/4-cup of water and covered the pan and let everything cook until the beans were tender.

We ate the tilapia, brown rice, and green beans with tomato.  I enjoyed the meal, but the tilapia could have used a lot less of the oregano and more salt and pepper.  The fish came out very dark for the oregano.  I think that about 1/2-teaspoon would be the correct amount for dried oregano.  I thought the beans were good, but the only distinct flavor was the lemon juice.

This will not be a recipe that I make again especially as it calls for frying the fish, we both would rather have broiled tilapia or the tilapia rollups.

Find the recipe here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tilapia-with-green-beans-recipe/index.html

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment