Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies - Revisited

Yesterday morning I decided to make more of “The Chewy” chocolate chip cookies that I discussed in my earlier post: Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I again followed the Alton Brown recipe found on page 167 of the Alton Brown Good Eats book.  It took me about 15 minutes to mix the dough and unlike the first time I made the cookies, this time I took photos of the process.

The photo to the left was taken after I had creamed the butter and sugars together and added the egg mixture.  The batter became very creamy and seemed to double in volume.


After refrigerating the dough for an hour, I rolled the dough into 1.5-inch balls and place 6 balls on each cookie sheet for baking.  Using convection cooking mode, I cooked two cookie sheets at a time for 12 minutes.  The cookies were cooked to perfection.

This batch made almost three dozen cookies.  We could have made a full three dozen, but I made the first six cookies a little larger than the rest and then we ate some of the raw dough (yes, even with the raw eggs).


My wife let me know that these are still her favorite and that they taste as good as the first batch.  Thank you Alton!

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment