Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tropical Blueberry Smoothie

One of the recipes I picked up at our Saturday Market from the Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program: Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is for a Tropical Blueberry Smoothie provided by the Dole Food Company.  As we are now in the fresh blueberry season, I decided that making smoothies would be a great dessert after dinner.

The recipe is very easy:
   1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple (drained)
   1 ripe banana
   1-cup milk
   1-cup fresh blueberries

Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until thick and smooth.  As we were having another warm evening, I also threw in a few pieces of ice to make sure the smoothie was very cold and frothy.  This recipe made enough to fill two large glasses so both my wife and I enjoyed a glass.  When we drank the blueberry smoothie, we could taste the three fruit flavors and enjoyed the thick and frosty consistency. 

This is an easy recipe to make on a warm evening that highlights the fresh taste found in summer blueberries.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment