Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cheryl’s Fresh Berry Surprise

A few days ago, my wife asked if I would like to have some berries for dessert. I was in the other room and I said that some cool berries sounded good. When she returned, I was quite surprised to see what she brought, and that is how we came up with the name.


Recently I made the Lemonade Pie recipe, and as a result, I had a large container of raspberry sauce left over. For several nights, I used a spoonful of the raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream and enjoyed the raspberry flavor with the vanilla.

For my surprise, my wife washed about a cup each of fresh raspberries and blueberries, drained them, and split the berries into two serving dishes. Next, my wife took the remainder of the raspberry sauce (about two tablespoons) and mixed it with about a cup of Cool Whip whipped topping. She applied the resulting topping to the top of the berries and served.

We enjoyed the treat of fresh berries with the creamy raspberry topping. The vanilla flavor of the Cool Whip extended the raspberry sauce and gave it a smooth texture, which made a surprisingly flavorful topping. The only problem now, is that we are out of the raspberry sauce, so now I will have to make some more sauce.

Find the recipe for the raspberry sauce here: http://adventuresinfood123.blogspot.com/2010/07/lemonade-pie.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+http%2Fadventuresinfood123blogspotcom+%28Adventures+In+Food%29

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment