Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day! – Hazelnut Waffles with Ice Cream and Strawberries

Today is Fathers Day and so far I have had a great day. I opened the very clever card sent to me by our son, he also called me on the phone to wish me Happy Fathers Day, and we chatted for a while. My wife had already given me my fathers day card, but to celebrate the day, my wife cooked us breakfast this morning.


On Saturday, my wife asked what I would like for breakfast and I thought of the most decadent breakfast she we had the ingredients to make: Hazelnut waffles with banana in the batter topped with vanilla ice cream, fresh Oregon strawberries and whipped topping.


She used the Hazelnut Hills breakfast mix and followed the waffle recipe on the bag: 2-cups of hazelnut breakfast mix, 1 1/4-cups milk, 2 egg, three tablespoons of vegetable oil. She then added one crushed banana (use your fingers) and then stirred until all the ingredients were broken up and wet. This is similar to the recipe used for the Hazelnut Pancakes, just a different mix of ingredients, and no vanilla extract.

While she worked on the waffles, I washed and removed the stems from two pints of fresh strawberries. My wife took over, sliced the berries, added a little bit of sugar, and stirred the berries and sugar in the berry juice.

I really enjoyed my breakfast, there is not a lot of protein in this meal, but it sure tastes good! To all the dad’s that may read this posting, I wish a very Happy Fathers Day.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment