Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Bobby’s Baked Chicken With Dijon and Lime

This is one of the first recipes that I tried from my The Deen Family Cookbook by Paula Deen and we enjoyed it so much, I have made it several times since.  I went looking for the recipe on the FoodNetwork.com site, but this recipe was not that Paula Deen has used on her TV shows, that figures, as this recipe doesn’t contain any butter!  I did find the recipe on the Deen Brothers site as well as some other recipes that I may try soon.


This recipe calls for 3 1 /2 pounds of chicken, cut into eight pieces, because in the past we preferred chicken breasts, I made this recipe with six chicken breasts, but I may try it again with some chicken thighs.

Paula Deen's The Deen Family CookbookTo start, preheat the oven to 400 degrees (I used the convection mode of our oven at 400 degrees and it worked fine).  The basic sauce is very easy to make, whisk together the Dijon mustard, mayonnaise (this is a Deen recipe), minced garlic, zest and juice from a lime.  Place the salt and peppered chicken in a baking pan (I used a 9x13 inch glass Pyrex pan) and pour the sauce over the chicken.  Make sure all the chicken is coated and then bake for thirty minutes.

I found that using convection mode, the chicken started to brown a little early so I covered the baking pan with aluminum foil after about twenty minutes.

I served the chicken breasts on brown rice and then spooned some of the sauce from the pan over the top of the chicken and rice.  The chicken was tender and moist and the sauce adds a nice flavor with the garlic and lime.

Leftovers freeze very well.  Place in a plastic bag with the leftover sauce, seal and freeze.  Before I froze the last batch, I cut each chicken breast into three pieces to that it would quickly freeze and thaw.

This is definitely on my list to make for family and friends.

Find the recipe at: http://thedeenbros.com/recipes/recipe_detail/26/

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment