Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dinner and Games

Every few months we invite our Niece Lissa over for dinner and a game night, which happened to be last Friday. I had purchased some Tilapia from Costco and planned to make the Baked Tilapia Rollups using the Paula Deen recipe from The Deen Family Cookbook. We were to make the dinner and our Lissa would bring dessert.

While I prepared the mayonnaise, garlic, and parsley filling, my wife made a very nice green salad. I used the steamer from our new Costco stainless steel cookware set to cook the asparagus. Once Lissa arrived, I baked the Tilapia as it only takes eleven minutes. After everything was done, I found the Tilapia was still a little on the raw side in the middle (maybe because it was almost frozen when I started) so I popped it in the microwave for two minutes to finish cooking.

We enjoyed a wonderful meal of Tilapia, brown rice, salad, asparagus, and rosemary bread. We decided to eat dessert before we started playing our game (no distractions when we play), so Lissa started to prepare our dessert.

This is a strawberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream and topped with fresh strawberries and blackberries. The berries made a delightful mixture that was sweet and flavorful. Our concern with strawberries this early in the year is that they are raised in a greenhouse and don’t have much flavor, but adding the blackberries really enhanced the taste.

It did not take us long to finish off our dessert and then we cleared the table to play Ticket To Ride Europe. This is a board game that our son and daughter-in-law gave us for Christmas and we had a great time playing two rounds of the game.


What a great way to spend a Friday night, good food, good company, and a great game.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment