Help me by sharing this blog with your friends and by generating some income for me by clicking through on my sponsor's Google ads. Thank you!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Inspiration

My inspiration has come from the Food Network. We really enjoy watching Alton Brown's Good Eats. The scientific approach he takes and explains appeals to my engineering side. I also enjoy Paula Deen's shows, I like the way she makes cooking fun and an enjoyable adventure.

I have two Alton Brown books: Good Eats and I'm Just Here for More Food - baking. The second book is more of a chemistry book on how food + mixing + heat = baking. I purchased the Good Eats book with some of my birthday money in October so I could plan on what to cook when our kitchen remodel was completed.
I also have several Paula Deen magazines specifically on cookies and desserts as well as her The Dean Family Cookbook that I received from my wife for Christmas. I have prepared meals from all these sources over the last few months.

My wife is just fine with me performing all the cooking. We have an arrangement, I cook, she cleans up the dishes.

These cookbooks as well as a few others in our library including the ubiquitous Betty Crocker Cookbook make up our cooking library. I augment this with specific recipes that I print from the internet typically found at www.foodnetwork.com

Dinner tonight is BBQ steak with potato and veggies.

Adventures In Food: Author: Kerry Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment